National Beef Leathers LLC, based in St. Joseph, Missouri, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of National Beef Packing Company, LLC. National Beef Leathers produces consistent, high-quality wet-blue hides and supplies a customer base that includes further processors in the automotive, handbag, footwear and furniture industries.
National Beef has just completed a four-and-a-half year renovation and retrofit of their 154,000 square foot wet blue tanning facility in St Joseph, Missouri. This new facility has a capacity to process over 60,000 wet blue hides per week. System-wide automation and new state-of-the-art equipment additions have substantially improved the efficiency of production and product consistency. Today, National Beef Leathers is the largest, most technologically advanced wet-blue facility in the world. For more information about National Beef Leathers visit www.nationalbeefleather.com.
* Provides technical guidance to help support production throughput, efficiency, cost reduction and safety improvements
* Provide detailed investigative reports to Electrical Supervisor containing what, when and root cause along with countermeasures on all equipment downtime exceeding 15 minutes.
* Responsible for the support of training objectives in the area of PLC and Controls to Maintenance Technicians
* Assist with scheduling, preparation, installation, service parts inventory and maintenance of technical equipment beyond the scope of ordinary maintenance team members
* Assist with the development of controls systems and procedures
* Works with engineering team to document and standardize process improvements
* Provides technical support to existing equipment
* Assist with the collection and storage of all control parameter settings for plant equipment
* Assist with the development of upgrade plans for obsolescent equipment controls
* Improves existing control packages to become more reliable and production/maintenance friendly
* Troubleshoots hardware and software issues
* Assist with the maintenance of Electrical diagrams and any other documentation for all production equipment
* Ability to communicate well with members of the maintenance and engineering team
* Reviews daily shift Maintenance work logs for issues and suggest and implements countermeasures
* Maintenance support for daily production activities and general facilities maintenance including painting and repair of building
* Ability to perform electrical installations and repair using 480V to 24V
* Ability to troubleshoot and repair conveyor lines, Allen Bradley HMI units
* Multi-task in a fast paced manufacturing environment
* Performs any other duties as required by Management
Solid experience and knowledge of PLC operations, functions and troubleshooting.